By default, iCal4j supports the MIME encodings specified in RFC2045 as follows:
- 7BIT - An "indicator" that the data is 7bit data.
- 8BIT - An "indicator" that the data is 8bit data.
- BINARY - An "indicator" that the data is binary data.
- QUOTED-PRINTABLE - Transforms data into printable ASCII characters.
- BASE64 - Transforms data into the Base64 representation of its bytes.
You may add support for additional encodings by providing an implementation of
net.fortuna.ical4j.util.DecoderFactory. You can instruct iCal4j to use these factories by specifying the following system properties: